As the country gradually comes out of its third national lockdown, Britons can once again enjoy meeting up with family and friends outdoors, in groups of up to six or in a group of any size from up to two households. Morrisons has marked the occasion with launching new food boxes as well as a platter option for customers to enjoy.
The last new addition to the supermarket’s food box selection is a food platter.
The Adult Picnic Platter for two costs just £10 and it can be pre-ordered and collected from stores across the country.
It includes hand-prepared scones, quiche lorraine and cherry bakewells.
Aidan Buckley, Food Box, Eat Fresh & Food to Order Director at Morrisons said: “We know our customers will be excited to get out into the sun and meet up with friends and family that they haven’t been able to see during lockdown.
Luxury Ploughman’s Picnic Box:
- Morrisons Snack Pork Pies 300g
- Morrisons The Best Marc De Champagne Truffles 140g
- Morrisons Cherry Bakewell Tarts 6 Pk
- The Best Nocerella Olives 200g
- Morrisons The Best Caramelised Balsamic Onion Chutney 305g
- Morrisons Carvery Honey Roast Ham 150g
- Morrisons The Best Lightly Salted Crisps 150g
- Morrisons Stuffed Peppers 150g
- Morrisons Spanish Selection 120g
- Morrisons The Best Sicilian Lemonade 750ml
- Morrisons The Best British Farmhouse Trio Cheese Selection 155g
- Morrisons The Best Gruyere & Poppy Twists 100g
- Morrisons Royal Gala Apples 6 Per Pack
- Morrisons The Best Rye Sourdough Crackers 130g
- Morrisons The Best Seeded Bread 400g
- Morrisons Egg Mayonnaise Filler 250g
Adult Picnic Platter for Two:
- Hand prepared Jam and Cream scones
- Ham and Tuna & Sweetcorn Sandwiches
- Mini Pork Pies
- Cherry bakewells
- A pot of sharing strawberries
- Quiche Lorraine
- Fresh Salad
The supermarket also recently launched an Easter treat box for just £22.
It is packed with Easter chick themed bags, an egg hunt kit, extra solid milk chocolate eggs and a classic milk chocolate bunny.
Customers can also find all the ingredients to make chocolate nests in the box.
Ingredients include cornflakes, milk cooking chocolate, pastel fairy paper cases as well as bunny-shaped marshmallows or milk chocolate micro eggs for toppings.
Aidan Buckley, Food Boxes and Eat Fresh Director at Morrisons said: “Whether our customers are celebrating at home with family or sending gifts to loved ones, we created the Easter Treat Box to make it even easier for everyone to enjoy the spring festivities, and all delivered, hassle-free, right to their doorstep.”