At 5:30 pm local time today, Pakistan violated the ceasefire in the Degwar and Malti sectors of the Poonch district.
The Indian Army is currently retaliating to the action according to Indian news outlets.
Earlier on Monday, Pakistan had violated the ceasefire in the Sunderbani sector of Rajouri district.
A news18India reporter tweeted about the incident, saying the Indian army has reacted ‘strongly’.
An Indian defence spokesman said, according to Times Now News: “At about 17:30 hours today, the Pakistan Army initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with small arms and intense shelling with mortars along LoC in Degwar and Malti sector.”
He said India has retaliated, and claimed there were no casualties on the Indian side.
The statement was issued by Jammu-based defence spokesperson Lt Col Devender Anand.
Reports were issued around several hours ago at the time of writing. The Times of India states there were intermittent exchanges of gunfire up to that point.
The Tribune India claims there have been 2,730 ceasefire violations by Pakistan so far this year, allegedly causing 24 civilian deaths and 100 injuries.
However, Pakistan has also claimed there have been ceasefire violations by Indian forces.
On Sunday, Pakistan summoned a senior official from India’s High Commission to criticise what it called “indiscriminate and unprovoked firing” on Saturday in the Rakhchikri region of the Line of Control which divides India and Pakistan.
It said the incident had left one civilian seriously injured.
Pakistan accused Indian forces of using heavy mortars and automatic weapons.
It called on the Indian side to investigate ceasefire incidents and called on the country to observe the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding between the two sides.
Pakistan’s Foreign Office has claimed there have been 17 deaths, 168 injuries and 2,158 ceasefire violations this year, according to the Economic Times.
MORE TO FOLLOW…